Forget Me Not!

Hello Friends and Family!

I have been a bit of a slacker in keeping up my blog.  To be honest, I have no idea how to really create anything related to the blog and it became such a mess that I just walked away....LOL

Fall is my favorite season for many reasons.  I love the colors, the weather cooling off, I love that it gets darker later (and that we get an extra hour of sleep) but most of all I love General Conference.

This past Sunday was the General Relief Society broadcast.  It was held up at our stake center.  I loved going with some of my favorite people in my ward.  I loved all of the talks given by the Relief Society Presidency, they were very touching and just what I needed to hear.

When President Uchtdorph stood up to speak I had chills from the top of my head to the tips of my toes.  I love this man.  He truly loves the members of our church and is an instrument in our Savior's hand.  He began his talk by reminding us about the "Forget me not" flower.  He spoke of it being smaller than the other flowers but nevertheless just as beautiful.  He then gave us these five "Forget me Nots" to remember....

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself!

2. Forget not a good sacrifice, for a foolish sacrifice!

3. Forget not to be happy now!

4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel!

5. Forget not that the Lord loves you!

He stated that as an apostle of God I proclaim that you are not forgotten, no matter how dark your days have been, you are not forgotten.  You are loved by the King who knows you and knows your name.  He also said that God loves us because we are His children, that we are closer to heaven than we suppose.  That we should never forget how much our Father in Heaven knows us and loves us.

He also posed this question..."Am I committing my time and energy to the things that matter most?"  I have given this so much thought over the past couple of days.  I always want to do those things that matter most in life. To be the kind of friend that is always there when someone needs me, to be there for my family  but most importantly to be there for my Father in Heaven when He needs me for something.

I am so thankful for the leaders of our church, we just had a change in our bishopric on Sunday.  It was a bittersweet day for me.  I love Bishop Smedley, he has been there for me during my darkest hours in the past couple of years. I panicked a little when I knew he was going to be released.  Then yesterday the sustained Gregg Richardson as our new Bishop, the little panic I had felt went away.  I am thankful for both of these men.  I love them and am grateful for their loving example in my life.  I love my home, my ward and the people that surround me.  I know this is where I should be.  I am so thankful for our Father in Heaven and for the knowledge that He will never forget me.

Well I am going to get busy.  I may be having surgery soon, it is a long story... hopefully it will be over soon!  I will know more tomorrow when I see the doctor.  I am excited for the new seasons in my life and look forward to getting back to work and to where the Lord wants me to be!

Have a great week!
Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment