The changing of our seasons....

Hello Friends and Family,

I had  a great week with an old friend who came to see me from California last week.  Michele and I laughed a ton and had a great time catching up.  I felt bad that the weather was yuck!  but it was so much fun hanging around Utah.

Today has been a roller coaster of emotions for me.  I will not explain in this forum, but feel free to call me and I will fill you in.  Life hands us the most interesting ways to teach us.  I am not sure I get this lesson, I am sure I will learn from it though.

My friend Tracy Barlow owns "The Window Box"  I went and saw him earlier this week.  I have known Tracy since our early college days.  He is and has always been such a good friend to me.  He loves his job so much and has such a variety of reasons people purchase flowers.  I have never known anyone that does not smile when beauiful flowers are given to them.  Anyway.... I do have a point, When I hear how happy Tracy is in his job and the service he provides to others, I am touched that he is able to be there during each season of someone's life and the impact it has on them, whether it is a baby coming into this world in the summer or spring or in the winter months as we sometimes say goodbye to loved ones, he has a gift.  It is more than a pretty flower but the care that goes behind and beyond it.

As I have thought about the different seasons in my life, I am stuck between winter and summer.  I know that the winter will be gone soon for me and I will see what the summer Son will bless me with.

I also have thought of those who have long winters with no spring or summer in sight, I love these people and they teach me so much about long suffering and enduring the hardships that a harsh winter can bring.

I also love the fall, for we begin to see the changes unfold right before our eyes.  I love the warmth that these changes can bring. 

For me, I plan on enjoying my summer, building up my strength and health so I can get back out there and work and find myself again... I am a little caught in each season, but summer is around the corner.

I am thankful to all of you for your love and friendships to me.  You have and continue to teach me to be grateful for each season and each wonderful and loving lessons we have the blessing of walking through together.

We will talk soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment