Father's Day

Hello!

Happy Father's Day to family and friends!  I have 4 great brothers who are awesome Dads! and I am lucky enough to have two fathers in my own life.

This holiday is somewhat bittersweet for me.  My Dad, RIchard Skinner passed away nine years ago from lung cancer.  It is horrible to lose a parent, and on holidays when we honor them, it does bring a little sadness to re visit old memories, both good and bad.

I am lucky to have a wonderful step-father, Chuck Langeveld.  He has been so good to me and such a great example of what being truly Christlike is all about.  He is kind, funny and patient.  He loves me unconditionally am I am thankful for him.

I am thankful for my friends who are fathers and the examples they have been in my life.   They truly teach me what it means to become more like Him.

I am thankful for my Bishop, Mark Smedley.  He is a wonderful example to me of how a loving father takes care of his children and the members of his ward

This week has been pretty uneventful.  I actually had my weekly visit to the INR clinic.  My blood factor is not great again.  It should be 2.5 and it is 1.4.... bummer~!  This just means more meds to level it out so that I do not get another blood clot!  It is frustrating to say the least. I should not complain since things are SO much better, in fact I am getting close to getting back to my old self again.  I am just not the most patient person out there so even a minor setback makes me crazy!

I am thankful to all of you for being so good to me!  Well I am off... we will talk soon!

Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment