Oceans Of Tears

Hello Family and Friends,

I love this quote that I heard during the week, it states "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving

This past week I have cried so many tears.  They have been happy tears, sad tears, tears of confusion and tears of concern.  I believe that it is healthy for us to cry.  Hilary Weeks wrote a song a few years back titled "Just let Me Cry" that song is everything in a nutshell to the feelings I have had this past week.

It is heart wrenching to see someone you have come to love hurting.  The hardest part for me is knowing that I would do anything to help them and yet can do nothing to change what they are going through.  I wish I had a magic wand to wave away all the pain that sometimes has a way of sneaking into our lives.

I love laughing so hard that you cry... (and almost wet your pants LOL)  I am so happy for the gift of laughter in our lives.  This week my sister Katie has called at just the right moments and turned a sad moment into one that we end up laughing about until we are sick!  It is nice to have those kind of tears!  They are always welcome here!

I have felt frustrated with my health this past week.  I am still so far away from where I want to be.  But then I am so far ahead of where I have been that I cannot complain.  I am thankful beyond words for my family, the church and all of you that have been so supportive of me during this difficult two years.  I am really looking forward to next year and praying that I can get back to normal... whatever that is.:)

Tears of confusion is a new one for me.  I will not go into any detail about this for it is a very sensitive subject for one of my friends.  I do pray for them everyday that life can be less stressful and more content for them.. It is very hard to watch life unravel for someone you love.  However, how blessed we are to know of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that he bore for each one of us.

Tears are good for the soul!  I am thankful for them and for the release it gives our hearts.  I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week!

Let's talk soon

Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment