Christmas Blessings!

Hello Friends and Family,

Merry Christmas!  I had a fantastic Christmas, it was fun to celebrate with family.  I love my nieces and nephews and it is always so magical to watch them experience everything Christmas brings.

I very thankful I was able to be home for a few days before the holiday.   I spent four days in the hospital prior to Christmas.  Once again, I had trouble with a GI bleed.  I think it will always be a challenge in my life, hopefully with the right medication and good doctors I can manage the problems that come with my fun blood clotting disorder!

I am so thankful for my Mom and the traditions that we have during the holidays. We had a wonderful dinner, opened presents and played a fun game with everyone except Mike and the girls.  I wish that he had been able to be here.  It is so hard when family is out of state.  I wish we could have been all together.

My little Niece Ellie got an American Girl doll from Santa.  She was sitting on the couch talking to me and she said.  "Aunt Karley, this came from Santa because it cost 100 bucks and my Mom and Dad don't have that much money"  It was so cute!  She is so much fun.  I love that little ones believe!  It is such a fun time and they grow up so fast.  I asked her if she wanted to come and have a sleep over with me.  She said that would be sooo fun!  I asked what we would do and she said, well we would pop some popcorn, watch a movie, and eat some candy..... I told her that works for me.  It will be fun to spend some time with her, she is so much fun!

I cannot believe that Madisen and Parker are 16 years old.  It seems like yesterday they were just little babies.  It makes me feel so old!  I love all of them, they are fun and are "a few of my favorite things" in this life.

This season is somewhat bittersweet for me.  My Dad passed away ten years ago in January. He was so sick with lung cancer and I just remember that last holiday when he struggled just to talk to me on the phone.  It was so hard for him to breathe.  I am thankful for the knowledge I have that I will see him again one day.  It is the only way to get through death in this life.  I am grateful for the gospel and all of the blessings it affords each of us.

I am looking forward to the new year, my only New Year's resolution is to be healthy and back at work soon!  It has been so hard being home and I look forward to the day I can get back to work and busy again!

I am most thankful this season for the birth of our Savior.  I am grateful for that baby that came to earth so that we might live.  I am thankful for all He blesses me with, I love my Savior and there are no words to adequately express my love for Him.

I hope that all of us will remember to keep the spirit of Christmas in our hearts not just at this time of year but throughout each and every day.

I love you all and am thankful for your love and kindness in my behalf!

Let's talk soon!
Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment