What the winds left behind!

Hello friends and family,

I hope you are all well and happy!  Last week the weather was crazy.  I think Mother Nature was having some kind of mental breakdown, she sure was mad at something to leave Davis County in such a state!

Zoey, my crazy dog, needed some form of Prozac, she was scared to death and barked almost the whole time the wind blew.  I was ready at one point to send her outside to play.... The only problem is I was afraid someone would find her in Provo and send her back...LOL

I cannot believe how much damage was done to our county.  I was very lucky that only a portion of my fence blew down.  So many people lost so much, I really feel for each of them. 

I was very humbled at the service and kindness of a community pulling together to help each other.  I love, love, love the members of my ward and neighborhood that jumped into action to help one another.  I live in the best place.  I love my home, my friends and family that surround me and am very grateful for each of them.  What a blessing to live here.

The amount of trees we lost is devastating!  In church on Sunday we just had sacrament meeting.  One of the sisters in our ward was bearing her testimony and talking about the narrow and limited roots that hold up mighty pine trees.  She went on to say that the foundation of those mighty trees are small and when tested with challenge they could not withstand the storm. 

The foundations of our lives can be compared to that of a mighty pine.  We need constant nourishment and continued learning to keep our foundations strong so that when the winds blow we can withstand the mighty storms based on firm and solid foundations in our lives.

I am thankful for the storms that have blown through my life for they teach me to continue building a foundation that my Father in Heaven will be proud of.

I went to the Cardiologist and Pulmonologist today to find out my fate....  It looks like I will be spending most of the winter inside.   I started crying when they told me.  I was hoping one of them would tell me something different and I would go with that..... but no luck.  The doc's said that because the right side of my heart is not functioning due to lack of oxygen, and my lungs are very compromised due to the amount of damage done by the PE's  the healing process is taking longer than expected.  So...... he said I need to stay in as much as possible and stay away from places and people that I could catch even a simple cold from.... If I am really  good for the next three months I can then go back to work and get on with my life.... I am so tired of being sick and yet grateful for everything I have been given.  When I do go out they want me to wear a mask,(not thinking that will happen), but I will wear a scarf and bundle up!  I also get to have a little oxygen at night again for a few months..... I am bummed out, but it is so much better than it has been in two years.  I look forward to spring and the promise that I will go back to a normal life again.. I will be so happy the day I can get up and go to work.   For now, I will patient and get up and serve Heavenly Father in the best way that I can.

Well that is about all that is new with me.  I would LOVE you all to come and visit this winter!  Please give me a call and let's talk soon!

Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment