Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!   

I am so thankful for my Mom and for my Father in Heaven choosing her to be my mother.  She is the most selfless and sweet person I know.  The past year has not been easy for me, however, it has been so difficult for my Mom and yet she has always been there for me.  Day or night, good times or bad, I always know that she loves me.  She has sacrificed so much for our family.  There really are no words to describe the love I feel for her and the gratitiude I have to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be her daughter.

My Mom has a great sense of humor, and I love her laugh.  I love watching her with her grandkids and the love that she has for each of them.  I love watching her serve others.  She will always be the first one to reach out to anyone in need of a friend or a hug or a shoulder to lean on.

She is my best friend!  I am so lucky, I can tell her anything, she doesn't judge me (although I believe that some of the choices I have made over the years have tested her patience) she is always there for me.

I have so many great memories that live in my heart about my Mom.  She is a peacemaker, a great listener, a wonderful grandmother and the perfect mother for me.  I think about the many sacrifices that she has made over the years for her kids, putting us first.

She believes in my dreams and helps me to reach them.  Even when I thought I was going to marry Donny Osmond she took me to provo to Osmond Studios to see him, made sure I had my Donny and Marie dolls and music and I believe provided me with purple socks...LOL

She taught me to be honest and kind to others through her example.  She has taught me to be a good friend to others, she is a wonderful friend to people and each life is blessed because they know her.

She has laughed, cried, laughed and cried and walked with me through some very painful lessons in my life.  She has always been my friend.

She has taught to have fun in life.  She has dedicated her entire life to making ours better than we deserve at times. 

There are no words that I could write to describe how much I love her.  It is an honor to call her my mother and I thank my Father in Heaven and His Son for blessing my life with such a wonderful mother.

I love you Mom!!!  Happy Mother's Day.  This year will be very different than the last mother's day for me personally.  I have the sweetest step-son Ethan that I love dearly.  I am getting divorced and the week that Josh and I seperated he and Ethan's Mother decided to tell my little cupcake that I had died.  This little boy has known me over half of his life.  He was my buddy, I remember one day getting ready to leave for work and he came in my room and wanted me to pick him up, I did and he started crying and said Karleymommy I don't want you to leave me today, I want to be with you.  I had so much to do at work and was in the middle of year end and as I was holding him in my arms I knew that my work could wait one day when my little one needed me.  I called work, and changed my clothes and went downstairs.  I said to Ethan, I decided to stay home and play with you is that ok?  he ran into my arms and told me how much he loved me.  It was one of the best choices I have ever made.  I spent every minute with him that day and I will treasure it always.  I miss him everyday, I love him and I will always hold him close in my heart.

All I have ever wanted in this life is to be a wife and a mother, life has such interesting way of playing things out.  Sometimes these lessons are painful and hard to understand.  I want to hold a baby, sing to that little one and try to be half of the mother I have had.  I lost a baby almost two years ago, I have never been the same, I never held her, rocked her, I never had the chance to hold her little hand, but she lived inside me for a brief moment and for that I am thankful for. I know that oneday I will see her, I will hold her and I will raise her.  I love my baby and I am her Mother.

Mother's Day is a wonderful, bittersweet and joyus day for all of to reflect on our Mother's and the blessings they are to us, to those of us who have not given birth to a child, we are sad, our hearts tender and this day somewhat difficult.  What a comfort it is to know that our Father is aware of our situations and he will make our hearts full and bless us all with the joy of being a mother here on earth and in heaven.

I am grateful for my Mother, I love her with all of my heart.  We are all mothers in one way or another, and I am personally thankful for those people in my life who share their children with me and allow my heart to feel a Mother's love!

We will talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment