That's what friends are for!

Hello!

With the title of my blog, I feel I should be at a piano with sunglasses on singing away... LOL.  I always set a goal to blog a lot more than I ever do!  It is great therapy for me and since I have not been great at writing in a journal, at least some things are recorded this way.

The past couple of weeks I have learned so much about people.  Life is always a learning process, however, there is so much good in the world and we are so blessed to have each other and the examples that follow with those that teach us life's lessons.

I have been so touched at the strength of my friends during difficult times.  When I say difficult, I mean life altering difficult.  Cancer, the loss of a spouse, trying to find oneself, walking down the roads less traveled and on and on.  I sometimes get caught up in my own little world, when what I really need to be doing is serving other people and be thankful for the privilege in doing so.

I love the scripture that states "A friend loveth at all times"  I am so thankful for my friends and for what they teach me.  I better because of all of you.  I want to share a story with you that a friend shared with me this week about his son.

My friend raised his children by himself.  As a single father he raised two boys, taught them by example and the importance of a good education.  His son recently graduated from BYU.  He asked him what he would like for a gift.  He said you can ask for anything and if I can, I will give it to you.  His son smiled and ask him for a large sum of money, he said I was ready to give it to him and then his son said, what I would really like is for you to find someone and be happy.  His son also said that he was so thankful for the example and love and for giving him the best that life could offer. I was touched at the humility my friend had in telling me this story and the love that he taught his children through his example. His son learned far more than what higher education could teach him, he learned that his sweet father had willingly sacrificed so much for his children.  It really has struck a chord with me this week, I hope that one day I can be that kind of person and teach those I love what is truly important in this life.

I am going with my friend who has cancer to the doctor.  I am sure that neither one of us is ready to hear the words that will come.  I just pray that God's will is willing to teach us through comfort and the knowledge that we are never alone.  Even in our darkest hours as well as our brightest days.

I spent some time with my friend Mandi and little Leo yesterday.  Mandi is such a sweet friend. She is a wonderful mother and I am so blessed to call her my friend.  Leo is the cutest little bug, I tried for so long to get some pictures, but he was on the run the whole time, I will try and find one that is not a blur to post.

Well I am going to try and get some sleep... or mop the floor, I really wish I slept better.  Maybe one day... no complaints, well, except about 3pm everyday, by then I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Have a great day!  We will talk soon!

Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment